Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Some things I'm thankful for...

I've been posting little updates on Facebook lately about the things in my life for which I am thankful. For my non-facebooking friends and family, I want to share them here...

Donna Thomas Goforth Is thankful for my three incredible kids who now have incredible kids of their own!

Donna Thomas Goforth Is thankful for all of her grandchildren. They are the greatest gifts we could have ever wished for!

Donna Thomas Goforth Is thankful for my husband of 37 years. Rodney is my best friend and the person who knows me best and loves me anyway! Through good and bad, happy and mad, we made a history together, raised a family, and are enjoying the best times of our lives!

Donna Thomas Goforth Is thankful for the accident of birth that made me an American. Having lived in another country, I appreciate so many things other people take for granted. I can vote, or not, for anyone I choose, and say anything I want about anyone in office. I don't have to worry about anyone in my family being dragged out of their beds at night by armed thugs. I can worship, or not, wherever I choose. I can decide my own career and know anything is an option if I'm willing to work for it. I can find anything I want to eat at the market and know virtually everyone else can, too, when obesity and not starvation is the major health concern of the poor. Everyone who wants an education can get one, when the biggest problem with the educational system is the lack of appreciation of the opportunities it can provide. I especially am thankful for all the men and women through the years who sacrificed, at the least, their innocence of youth, and, at the most, their all, so we can live in this incredible country of ours.

1 comment:

Uncle Tom said...

That was well said mom!
Your anti-facebook son