Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Break, Part 2













What a week this has been! After a fun weekend and one day to rest and do laundry, PaPa and I headed to Houston on Tuesday. We met Tommy and Allison and ate Mexican food. The group split up, with Allison and me going to pick up tickets for the big day tomorrow at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, and the boys headed off to play at Gander Mountain for a few minutes. We arranged to be at home prior to out highly anticipated night of watching Lost. What was not anticipated was me stepping sideways off the concrete drive and coming down heavily on the side of my ankle. We followed protocol--elevated it, put an ice bag on it, and wrapped it in an ace bandage. Still swelled and hurt like the dickens. The next morning, I was determined not to disappoint the cowboys, so I took some potent pain medication and stopped for an ankle splint at Walgreen's. I wasn't going to let a little thing like that spoil our great day at the Livestock Show and Rodeo!

No comments: